Deadline December 15, 2014 – Apply Now!!
Laparkan Trading Ltd. Prepares For Its 10th Annual Laparkan Caribbean American Laparkan Scholarship – Deadline December 15, 2014 – Apply Now !!
Since April 24, 2004 Laparkan Trading Ltd./Money Transfer has been committed to awarding the Laparkan Caribbean American Scholarship, created to assist America’s promising young students of Caribbean descent with their educational needs. With a successful ten (10) year record of awarding these scholars, Laparkan Shipping understands the importance of providing educational opportunities to the Caribbean American community. Applications are available at all Laparkan locations and completed applications must be submitted no later than December 15, 2014 for qualification. For information please call Barbara Sawh at 718-441-0696.
Administered by Laparkan, the goal of this program is to reward Caribbean/Caribbean American students who actively involved in or participated in projects related to the improvement of Caribbean communities in the United States. An Advisory Committee has been established to evaluate the selection process and to give guidance to the program. Two scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors/college freshman who have been accepted to or are currently enrolled in accredited colleges/universities within the United States for the Fall of 2014 semester.
Please call 718-441-0696
LAPARKAN CARIBBEAN AMERICAN SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
To qualify for the Scholarship YOU MUST:
- Be a graduating Caribbean/Caribbean-American high school senior presently attending an accredited high school with proof of acceptance and enrollment at an accredited college within the USA or a college freshman currently enrolled for the next semester.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 85 and above or college of 3.0 and above
- Have a volunteered with a Caribbean/Caribbean-American organization, committee, or project or have volunteered with an organization that serves the Caribbean community.
- Have completed a summer internship for 20 hours p/wk at a non-profit organization. Location to be determined.
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- Proof of Caribbean descent or parentage
- Three letters of reference from school or community organization
- Copy of official high school transcript and SAT scores (high school students only)
- Copy of official college transcript and proof of current enrollment (copy of Bursar’s receipt college students only).
- 500-WORD, TYPEWRITTEN, DOUBLE-SPACED USING A 12pt. FONT ESSAY MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION DETAILING THE FOLLOWING:
- Identify an existing problem/issue within the Caribbean community or with Caribbean youth that needs to be addressed.
- A plan for the implementation of a program that outlines a measurable solution to the related problem/issue within the Caribbean community.
- List ways to enhance the program in the future
SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE AT: Laparkan Trading Ltd. 131-02 Liberty Avenue, South Richmond Hill, NY 11419 or call 718-227-7357 or 718-441-0696.